Plastic Executive Recruiters
SALARY: $70,000 – $80,000
A strong and growing manufacturer in the St Louis area is looking for a Buyer to manage the sourcing of several key commodities.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUYER
- The Buyer will coordinate and lead procurement activities.
- Contract management as well as negotiation of framework contracts. Negotiating contracts with vendors and suppliers to obtain the best deals on behalf of the company.
- Identify, assess, and establish cooperation with suitable suppliers.
- The buyer will monitor and evaluate existing suppliers and compare to other potential sources to ensure that the lowest total cost is consistently achieved
- Initiates necessary actions to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any manufacturing problems at supplier facility.
- Conduct supplier market research for selected material groups in national and international supplier markets.
- Participate in developing strategies to achieve quality, cost and delivery availability objectives for the company.
- Attend industry trade shows to learn about and stay current on trends and to meet suppliers
- Place PO in SAP and forward it to the supplier.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR BUYER
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or another related field is strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in the purchasing department of a manufacturing company working within Plastics, Aluminum, or Metal is a must have
- Ideally expertise in the plastics / recycling industry and injection molding. Experience with lean and or Six-Sigma manufacturing concepts is a plus.
- Sound negotiating skills and the ability to create/review contracts.
- Experienced with cost reduction and development of strategic sourcing strategies.
- Experience setting cost, delivery and quality expectations of the supply base, and holding them accountable to achieve set standards.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org