Plastic Executive Recruiters
COMPOUNDING PROCESS ENGINEER
SALARY: $90,000 – $120,000
As a member of the manufacturing team, the Process Engineer integrates manufacturing process, equipment design, product formulations, and procedures to drive efficiencies, product quality, and material yields.
- Identifies, develops, and implements innovative, cost-reducing improvements to manufacturing processes.
- Identifies and implements process and quality improvements in current processes.
- Manages and implements projects ensuring quality, timeliness, and achievement of cost targets.
- Provides technical support and troubleshoots problems in the operations processes.
- Provides employee training on new equipment, processes, or procedures.
- Supports scale up activities.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments and customers to achieve goals.
- Troubleshoots and corrects deficiencies and gaps in operations.
- Provides hazard and operability studies to ensure that safety, engineering, and proper ergonomics are designed into new or revised processes and equipment.
- Assists in the development of product specifications.
- Executes continuous improvement initiatives ensuring operational excellence utilizing lean techniques.
- Improves job knowledge by attending training and keeping relevant knowledge and skills current.
- Demonstrates organizational skills by working independently and with a team.
- Contributes to organization success by meeting team and company goals.
- Follows all quality system and safety protocols by safely operating equipment, wearing proper protective equipment (PPE), completing safety training, keeping work areas clean and organized, and contributing to established safety goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Materials Engineering preferred).
- 3-5 years minimum of relevant work experience in the polymer, plastics, color, or master batch industry.
- Extrusion knowledge required (twin screw preferred).
- Lean, Six Sigma Green Belt preferred.
- AutoCAD proficiency required.
- Allen Bradley controls knowledge a plus.
- Knowledge of extruder feeding systems (LIW type preferred).
- Exceptional mechanical and mathematical ability.
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze blueprints and schematics.
- Exceptional organizational skills to include multi-tasking, planning, and time management.
- Results driven.
- Capacity to own projects from inception to completion.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org