Plastic Executive Recruiters
Engineering Director, Packaging and Containers
SALARY: Max Base $170,000 plus 22% bonus
Our client is an international packaging company providing award winning products for consumer brands and industrial customers. In this newly created role, the Director of Engineering will be a key player on a small leadership team, reporting to the VP of Engineering. The Engineering Director will develop and lead the strategic roadmap in the area of new product design and development.
Key responsibilities for the Engineering Director:
- Lead direct reports in the area of tooling and mold management, process controls, materials management, and testing.
- Provide direction to cross functional teams within manufacturing and provide hands on leadership that improves all activities within product development.
- Drive down cost through the design process, ensuring the highest profitability.
- Ensure product designs meet or exceed customer or governmental compliance expectations.
Qualifications for the Engineering Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Product Design.
- Minimum of 10 years of leadership experience in tooling, product design, or project management.
- Experience in the development of metal containers is highly preferred. Will also consider plastic packaging background with a strong background in New Product Development comparable.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Project, Minitab, Solidworks, or other CAD Modeling Software.
- Travel 25% or less within the US.
Note: This job is being advertised nationwide and may not be in the location where it’s advertised. Should it be required, there is an excellent benefits package.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com