|| We are leading a confidential and nation-wide search for a hands-on operations executive with strong technical background, strong knowledge of Scientific Injection Molding, and a lean, metrics driven, team-oriented management style. This role will be a key leader in both Operations and Technical matters. The hiring company is a technological and engineering leader in molded products, striving to push the envelope with respect to product innovation, with an unmatched reputation for employee satisfaction (with virtually no turnover – once you’re here, you’ll want to stay!) As such, they require strong leadership with a technical background and knowledge of large part injection molding – including all aspects of Tooling, Production, Process Engineering, and Capital Equipment. You will be leading multiple teams with Managers reporting directly to you and full responsibility for a multi-million dollar manufacturing complex rests on your shoulders. This is a highly visible, corporate leadership role with expectations that you will develop your replacement and continue growing within the company.
Responsibilities for Director of Operations:
- The Director of Operations will assume operational responsibility for SEVERAL molding operations, overseeing all aspects of Production, Engineering, and Equipment,
- The Director of Operations will be a hands-on leader of teams involved in defining future equipment, tooling, and other capital investments, and will personally mentor very capable team members and managers as they grow within the company.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, the Director of Operations will establish budgets and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives for growth and profitability.
- The Director of Operations will establish metrics for key areas of measurement and hold departments accountable to achieve or exceed these goals.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and drive continuous improvement as a way of life in the operations, including constantly improving metrics in key areas.
- Manage the P&L, driving all operations to meet or exceed budgets and strategic plans.
|Qualifications for Director of Operations :
- A BS degree is preferred, but will consider all candidates with extremely strong knowledge of injection molding processing, equipment, and operations
- 10 years of experience as Plant Manager, Engineering Director, or Director of Operations in a high volume manufacturing operation
- 5 years of tooling engineering or process engineering and the technical knowledge to specify mold machines, secondary equipment, fixtures, tooling, etc.
- 5 years of hands-on experience in Scientific Injection Molding with an in-depth knowledge of the processes, ability to both train and problem solve technical operations, and extremely strong knowledge of tooling, materials, and processes that represent the bleeding edge of molding production.
- Strong, metric-driven personality and methodology, and must drive the business for continual improvement of key metrics.
- Strong financial knowledge with strong budgeting skills, Proven P&L experience, and strong Strategic Planning experience.