Plastic Executive Recruiters
ENGINEERING PROJECT MANAGER
SALARY: $120,000 – $150,000
Our client is a global supplier of chemicals. The company’s singular focus is on delivering better solutions for manufacturers of tires and other rubber products that enhance product performance, optimize production efficiency, and ensure supply chain success. As the largest manufacturer of tire-industry additives in the world they bring a track record of innovation, quality, specialized expertise, a highly collaborative approach, and a commitment to growth – working together with our customers as a valuable partner, helping to meet their critical objectives
Our client has an immediate opening for an Engineering Project Manager. The Engineering Project Manager will have responsibility for managing medium to large size capital projects that are strategically critical to achieving the business strategy as well as providing mentoring for site Project Managers. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of effectively managing medium to large capital projects in the Chemical Manufacturing sector ranging from $1MM to 10MM in total cost.
- Manage capital projects and studies
- Prepare and implement Project Execution Strategy
- Ensure resource availability for project implementation
- Ensure involvement of appropriate personnel in the development and implementation of capital projects from Engineering, Procurement, Construction, Operations, and Maintenance (EPCOM)
- Manage all phases of the project in accordance with established schedules, budget, and customer requirements
- Promote use of the company’s Capital Process and implement the appropriate Capital Processes, e.g. Value Improving Practice, Gates and Audits, Front-End Loading, etc
- Drive consistency in capital project development and execution across the company.
- Serve as mentor/coach for less experienced Project Managers across the company.
- Consider safety, cost and schedule in overall project plan to ensure objectives are met at best overall value
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Direct the development of engineering documents required for various funding gates
- Interface with engineering and construction contractors
- Review and ensure compliance with contractor agreement(s)
- Facilitate obtaining appropriate external permits
- Ensure that best-value practices are used to establish project scope and to manage changes
- Provide final approval of engineering documents
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of project plans and associated documents, analyze variances, and initiate corrective actions
- Communicate upcoming work projections to the Project Team and appropriate stakeholders
- Monitor, report, and document the progress of work and provide feedback on budget, schedule deviations, variances, and corrective plans to appropriate stakeholders
- Provide direction to Project Team on schedule and cost related issues
- Work with the Capital Coordinators Team to develop annual capital plan
- Develop, track, and report on the overall Capital budget.
- Manage annual capital expenditures versus the capital plan for the funding and operating organization(s)
- Review and approve project change orders
- Facilitate external benchmarking activities for assigned capital projects
- Serve on and lead teams associated with work process improvement and project related issues
- Manage the relationship with all stakeholders
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering Chemical, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering preferred.
- Experience as a project administrator in the chemical manufacturing sector.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to safety and be dedicated to implementing safe capital facilities.
- Candidates must have at least 5 years’ experience in various aspects of the Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) process or appropriate comparable experience.
- Candidates should have an excellent understanding of capital processes, from project definition through plant start-up.
- Candidates must have outstanding communication and coordination skills and demonstrated team leadership skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Professional Engineering License
- Domestic and International Travel – 25%
- Technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in chemical manufacturing.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com