Plastic Executive Recruiters
SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
Our client is a plastics company located in Northwest Ohio. You will be responsible for site purchasing, production and inventory control, materials planning, shipping & receiving, warehouse, order processing, and similar areas.
Responsibilities of the Materials Manager
- Materials Acquisition – Direct development and administration of an effective program to determine and provide necessary quantities and inventory levels of materials and supplies. Apply kanban and lean manufacturing principles.
- Inventory Control – Establish and maintain planned levels that are consistent with production needs. Accountable for preparation of and disposition of excess and obsolete materials. Drive implementation of engineering changes to eliminate excess and obsolete material.
- Production Scheduling/Control – Responsible for scheduling manufacturing and material operations in accordance with approved schedules and monitoring of such. Implement approved master schedules through manufacturing and marketing meetings including calculating machine and people capacity requirements.
- Shipping and Receiving Services – Responsible for accurate receipt and disbursement of material.
- Budget Requirements – Develop the annual budget for materials management functions and operate within prescribed limits. Drive material cost reduction efforts.
Qualifications of the Materials Manager
- BS Degree in Business, Statistics, Engineering, etc.
- Minimum five years of well-rounded materials management experience, including shipping, receiving, warehouse, inventory, cycle counting programs, etc.
- At least three years management experience.
- Must be well versed in current computerized material management theory such as MRP II, SAP, JDE, etc.
- Must be well versed in demand flow concepts, JIT, lean manufacturing and Kanban.
- Hands on shop floor experience.
- Must understand financial data, budgets and expenses.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org