Plastic Executive Recruiters
SALARY: $100,000 – $130,000
Our client is a large and aggressively growing market leading manufacturer of injection and blow molded plastics. Using a hands-on approach, your leadership will establish the strategic and tactical direction, metrics, and overall performance objectives for all operational areas. It is important that the manager come from a plastics product environment. This position will be located in the Greater Chicagoland area in a smaller, low cost of living town.
- The Operations Manager will assume responsibility for the overall operational effectiveness of the plant.
- The Operations Manager will be hands on and you will be a key player in plant problem solving.
- The Operations Manager establishes key metrics in the areas of safety, productivity, staffing, utilization, scrap, etc.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, establish budgets and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives.
- Manage the P&L’s of the location, driving all operations to meet or exceed “the plan” (budget).
- Ensure Safety is of paramount importance in all operations.
EXPERIENCE / REQUIREMENTS
- BS or BA degree in Engineering, Management or other related area. 8 years of progressive management in custom plastics may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible management positions in manufacturing operations with, the demonstrated ability to lead large teams, establish accountability, and get results through others.
- 5 years experience in the manufacturing of polymer products. Injection/Blow Molding Preferred.
- 5 years experience with formal lean procedures, including Kaizen, 5-S, Poke-Yoke, SMED, etc.
- Strong, team-based, metric-driven personality and management style.
- Strong budgeting skills, and the ability to manage the P&L so that operational budgets are met.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com