Plastic Executive Recruiters
PLANT MANAGER, Injection Molding
SALARY: $130,000 – $170,000
We are working with a Fort Wayne area injection molder who is looking for a new plant manager. In this role, you will manage all aspects of this plant. The company is growing, and you’ll be part of a team-based operation that is leading their market.
Responsibilities for Plant Manager –
- Operational responsibility for molding and supply chain initiatives, ensuring that safety, productivity, staffing, utilization, scrap are all at appropriate levels.
- Hands-on participant in defining future equipment and tooling, and will personally mentor capable team members in the technical and processing aspects.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, the Plant Manager will establish budgets and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives for growth and profitability, including make/buy (insource/outsource) decisions.
- Establish metrics for key areas of measurement and hold teams accountable to achieve or exceed these goals.
- Drive continuous improvement as a way of life in the operations, including constantly improving metrics in key areas.
Qualifications for Plant Manager
- A BS degree is preferred, but will consider all candidates with extremely strong knowledge of injection molding processing and operations, particularly with strong medical device experience.
- 8 years of experience as Business Unit Manager, Plant Manager or General Manager in a manufacturing operation
- 5 years experience working with teams who specify mold machines, secondary equipment, fixtures, tooling, etc., so that you have a thorough understanding of why certain equipment or tooling is chosen and where to go to source the equipment.
- 8 years of hands-on experience in injection molding with an in-depth knowledge of the processes, ability to both train and problem solve molding operations, and extremely strong knowledge of tooling, materials, and processes that represent the state of the art.
- Strong, metric-driven personality and methodology, and must drive the business for continual improvement of key metrics. Strong budgeting and finance knowledge.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com