Plastic Executive Recruiters
Plant Manager, Plastics
We are engaged in a search for a Plant Manager for a strong growing plastics manufacturer. We seek a hands-on, people-centric to take charge of the operation and run it as if it is their own business. This is a “best of both worlds” type of opportunity in that you will manage a fairly small plant, yet as part of a much larger company with many locations, you will have the big-company benefits and incentive programs, including employee shares.
The ideal candidate will be a team-based manager, and will love to interact and participate on the plant floor, with continuous improvement being part of your daily life. A strong plastics or manufacturing background with a team building background is a must.
Responsibilities for the Plant Manager
- The Plant General Manager will assume responsibility for operational effectiveness.
- You will be a hands-on participant in defining operational objectives and direction for this part of the company.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, the Plant Manager will establish budgets and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives for growth and profitability.
- Establish metrics for key areas of measurement and hold teams accountable to achieve or exceed these goals.
- Implement Lean Manufacturing and drive continuous improvement as a way of life in the operations, including constantly improving metrics in key areas.
- Manage the P&L, driving all operations to meet or exceed budgets and strategic plans.
Qualifications for Plant Manager
- A BS Degree is preferred, but we will consider all applicants regardless of education.
- 5 years of operations management experience in plastics or manufacturing.
- Strong technical knowledge of rates, materials, tooling, materials, and processes to be able to communicate effectively with both employees and customers.
- Strong, metric-driven personality and methodology, and must drive the business for continual improvement of key metrics.
- Strong financial knowledge with strong budgeting skills, Proven P&L experience, and strong Strategic Planning experience.
NOTE: Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com