Plastic Executive Recruiters
Process Engineer Polymerization Plant
SALARY: $90,000 – $100,000
Our client is a leading manufacturer of polymer resin used in the medical device industry. Here are five reasons why working for this company is a fantastic opportunity.
- They have a great culture and value their employees.
- They are growing rapidly and have advancement opportunities within the organization.
- They have a 10% 401K match!
- You get 4 weeks of vacation to start.
- They have excellent health care benefits.
The Process Engineer provides engineering expertise to optimize and improve the polymerization and compounding production units. In addition will drive continuous improvement in product quality and reduction of off-grade materials.
- Provide technical support to troubleshoot process problems and equipment malfunctions.
- Continually reduce losses as measured by key performance indicators.
- Design, prepare and obtain approval for development runs for new products, product changes, and process changes.
- Ensure process changes implemented are compliant with all applicable regulatory and company safety, environmental, industrial hygiene, and loss prevention standards and permits.
- Conduct Hazards and Operability Reviews (Hazard Analyses), and Operational Readiness
- Reviews (Pre-Start-up Safety Review) for appropriate changes and ensure timely completion of resulting action items.
- Seek out and initiate process changes to improve the safety, environmental security, industrial hygiene, loss prevention, product quality, efficiency, or cost of the department.
- Develop and manage small capital projects related to the product and process performance as directed.
- Provide training support for operations personnel and supervisors.
- Maintain process documentation.
- BS/MS degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- 2-5 -years of experience in processing engineering, preferable in chemical or plastic industries.
- Experience overseeing improvement projects and working with a cross functional team to meet improvement goals.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Six Sigma Green belt preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com