Plastic Executive Recruiters
PROCESS ENGINEER – Blow Molding Extrusion
SALARY: $80,000 – $100,000
Our client is an international leader in product innovation, and they are growing rapidly. This is a new position created to support product development and operational excellence in their company. You will be a key player in optimizing processes and manufacturing equipment in their operations, and will be responsible for managing equipment, process, and tooling projects.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- The Primary responsibility is implementation of new projects on time and within budget.
- Optimizing the manufacturing process from implementation to the plant floor to product commercialization (and then continual improvement).
- Implementing standardized work through creation of Standard Operating Procedures along with Statistical Process Control for new and existing products.
- Manage new project startups and new tooling processing to ensure that run rates and quality parameters are achieved.
- Responsible for thoroughly documenting process requirements and parameters to assure equipment and work cell team have the tools needed to make a repeatable process.
- Complete time studies to set up new projects most efficiently and identify opportunities for efficiency improvements on existing products.
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
- BS Industrial Engineering, BSME, or similar.
- 5 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer extrusion processes such film, sheet or profile extrusion.
- Very Process-oriented individual with strong experience in process standardization, creating Work Instructions, SOP’s, and implementing SPC.
- Experience testing polymer materials to ensure they meet specifications.
- Extremely strong Project Management skills.
- 2 years’ experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.
- CAD skills to create plant layouts, fixtures, etc.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org