Plastic Executive Recruiters
PROCESS ENGINEER – EXTRUSION
SALARY: 80-120K plus bonus depending on experience level and breadth of experience
SUMMARY: Our client is a growing and profitable manufacturer in GA Position is in Cleveland OH. In this role, you will work on a wide variety of process engineering products, including new product and material trials, setting up full-scale production, and process improvement.
Process Engineer Responsibilities:
- Optimizing processes from design to product launch and continual improvement
- Successfully introducing new extruded products, including heavy involvement in design, extrusion and fabrication tooling, materials and material development.
- Document process requirements, setup and process parameters to assure equipment and plant team are capable of producing quality products.
- Implementation of SOP’s (standard operating procedures) including standard work, workplace organization, quality and packaging specifications.
- Complete time studies to identify opportunities for efficiency improvements.
- Coordinate continuous improvement and production process refinement efforts.
- Coordinate all applicable product testing verification and ongoing validation to meet product specifications as well as comply with applicable local and governmental regulations.
- BSChem-E, BS Polymer Science, BS Chemistry, BS Plastics Engineering, or similar. M Will consider non-degreed people with vast extrusion experience.
- 3 years of functional and HANDS-ON process engineering experience within polymer extrusion processes, with experience running extruders in trials.
- 3 years of experience testing polymer materials to ensure they meet specifications.
- 2 years experience with Continuous Improvement tools such as lean manufacturing, Kaizen, 6 sigma.
- Very strong experience with SOP’s and WI’s, as well as SPC.
- Experience establishing testing criteria and setting up tests for operations.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org