Plastic Executive Recruiters
Position Title: Process Engineer – Rigid PVC Compounds
SALARY: $80,000 – $130,000
SUMMARY: As a member of manufacturing’s team, the Process Engineer – PVC will focus on process optimization, equipment design, product formulations, and procedures to drive successful operation of existing and new products from pilot to production. The role is specific to rigid PVC compounding processes for extruded profiles. Experience in color management including optimization of formulation and processing is necessary.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/Chemical/Materials Engineering preferred)
- Experience: 5+ years of relevant work experience in rigid PVC compounding
- RPVC blending, material handling and extrusion knowledge required (twin screw preferred) Must have experience of producing color in RPVC compound for extruded profiles
- Must have quality testing knowledge and experience for RPVC compounds.
- Must have experience or knowledge of rigid PVC formulations for different applications.
- Skills: Resin, Pigment, and Additive knowledge in RPVC Compounding
- Allen Bradley controls knowledge a plus
Essential Duties: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The duties listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Lead new Rigid PVC compounding and extrusion product scale up with existing equipment; ▪ Optimize processes for rigid PVC compounds using existing equipment for consistency and cost optimization; ▪ Provides suggestions to improve process and equipment through capital expenditure to sustain growth; ▪ Provides employee training on new equipment, processes, or procedures for successful scale-up and operation; ▪ Manages and implements improvement projects ensuring quality, timeliness, and achievement of cost targets; ▪ Assists in the development of product specifications.
- Assists with the identification, development, and implementation of product testing methods and protocols to improve and sustain quality product.
- Assists with the identification and implementation of process and quality improvements in current processes and current formulations;
- Communicates effectively with other departments and customers to achieve goals.
Additional Position Responsibilities
- Improves job knowledge by attending training and keeping relevant knowledge and skills current; ▪ Demonstrates organizational skills by working independently and with a team.
- Contributes to organization success by meeting team and company goals.
- Follows all quality system and safety protocols by safely operating equipment, wearing proper protective equipment (PPE), completing safety training, keeping work areas clean and organized, and contributing to established safety goals.
- Strong customer facing communication attributes;
- Exceptional mechanical and mathematical ability;
- Ability to read, interpret, and analyze blueprints and schematics;
- Exceptional organizational skills to include multi-tasking, planning, and time management
- Results driven.
- Capacity to own projects from inception to completion.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org