Plastic Executive Recruiters
PRODUCT DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
SALARY: $120,000 – $140,000
My client is a global manufacturer of plastic compounds. They have an incredible culture and benefits for their employees that make this a great place to work. Here are a few:
- Four weeks of vacation to start.
- A 10% 401K match
- A great health care plan with four options and low premiums for their employers. This is one of the best plans I have seen.
- They have a brand-new state-of-the-art technology center with all new offices and furnishing.
- A great culture where employees are appreciated and respected.
The Product Development Manager will manage and coordinate the development of novel polymer formulations for the Medical Device Manufacturing Segment globally. Additionally, the Product Development Manager will be responsible for application development, product transfers and design support for the Automotive and LEOD Segment in Region Americas (RAM). The Product Development manager will drive new Molding Compound innovations. This position is critical to the continued growth and success of all market segments in the RAM region and global expansion as it provides important contributions to development projects and customer support.
- Provide application development for new acrylic molding compounds to support the Global Medical Industry Segment.
- Provide application development and design support for the Automotive and LEOD Segment in Region Americas (RAM).
- Support investigation of Quality Complaints
- Work closely with Technical group in Germany to align on best practices and transfer knowledge
- Supervise Workshop team to operate and maintain molding, extrusion and ancillary equipment.
- Assist new product scale up to manufacturing environment
- Present to customers at large conferences and trade fairs
- Master’s degree in plastic processing, polymer/material science or chemical engineering, PhD preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in product & process development/application technology, most preferably in the field of Medical Plastics
- Experience in polymer characterization
- Strong understanding of injection molding manufacturing.
- Statistical knowledge or DOE experience
- Ability to work productively in a team environment, experience in people management is a plus
- Good written skills.
- Good software skills with Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook. SAP experience is a plus.
- Quality and safety mindset.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org