Plastic Executive Recruiters
Purchasing Agent, Polymers
SALARY: $110,000 – $135,000
Note: Must be qualified to work in the US without sponsorship.
A very strong manufacturing company is looking for a Buyer to manage certain commodities. This is a key member of their purchasing team, and there are significant opportunities for promotion. The location is confidential, but we can share that the company is in a very desirable, low-cost area of a Southwest US metropolitan area. This is a great opportunity, both in terms of work environment, benefits, and personal growth. We will keep your information in very strict confidence.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE BUYER
- The Buyer will analyze purchases to ensure we are achieving “lowest total delivered cost”, taking into consideration items such as on-time delivery, quality (PPM defects) and amount paid.
- The Buyer will coordinate and lead procurement activities for critical manufacturing products with high value to manufacturing.
- The Buyer will request “quotes” and proposals from potential suppliers, analyze cost, negotiate, and employ contracts, and work with other team members.
- The buyer will monitor and evaluate existing suppliers and compare to other potential sources to ensure that the lowest total cost is consistently achieved
- Initiates necessary actions to assure best value is received, customer delivery requirements are met, and address any manufacturing problems at supplier facility.
- Participate in developing strategies to achieve quality, cost and delivery availability objectives for the company.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR BUYER
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, or another related field.
- Six years experience purchasing resins and compounds
- Three years purchasing Polyethylene with relationships in that industry
- Experience with lean and or Six-Sigma manufacturing concepts.
- Sound negotiating skills and the ability to create/review contracts.
- Experienced with cost reduction and development of strategic sourcing strategies.
- Experience setting cost, delivery, and quality expectations of supply base, and holding them accountable to achieve set standards.
- “Technical” or “mechanical” skills such that you understand the functional purpose of products purchased as used in manufacturing.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to develop strategic plans, coordinate projects and communicate changes and progress.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org