Plastic Executive Recruiters
SENIOR ENGINEER CHEMIST POLYMER COMPOUND FORMULATION
SALARY: $105,000 – $125,000 +12% Bonus
I have three openings for a Sr. Engineer/Chemist in product development for TPE. TPO and Vinyl resin formulation. This is a very well-established manufacturing company in plastics compounding. They have a great culture, value their employees and believe in a good work life balance. They have very competitive compensation and benefit programs, and they like to promote from within.
- Maintains joint ownership of major account plans, with sales partner(s), leads product development activities, and conducts quarterly technical reviews with national account’s technical/management teams.
- Follows through the customer complaint program to conclude with manufacturing, sales and/or distribution and customer.
- Provides technical support to manufacturing and technology.
- Conducts internal evaluations of commercial and experimental products.
- Establishes and maintains finished resin product specifications.
- Supports laboratory functions on an as needed basis.
- Leads cross functional product teams to solve product issues via manufacturing or technology solutions.
- Prepares and conducts technical training for sales representative and strategic customers. Prepares White Paper reports for industry associations.
- Looks across entire product grade slate with regards to understanding key polyolefin markets competition landscape.
- Assists management with special projects, as assigned.
- Leads assigned product stewardship team(s) to ensure resin products meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Participates in and represents the company’s interest in industry trade and technical associations such as SPI, SPE, ASTM, TAPPI, and NFPA.
- Consults with customers regarding process equipment, industry practice, and analytical procedures.
- Works on promotional messaging with marketing with regards to product properties and technical capabilities.
Minimum and Desired Qualifications
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Chemical Engineering, Polymer Engineering or Material Science and Engineering is required. M.S. Degree is preferred.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of progressive experience with polyolefins, production/process, application/packaging development, or research and development functions.
- Up to 20% travel (domestic and international) is required.
- Marketing / product development experience is preferred.
To apply for this job email your details to Joe@plasticexecutives.com