Plastic Executive Recruiters
SENIOR ANALYTICAL CHEMIST
SALARY: $95,000 – $115,000
This is a great opportunity to join a leader in the plastics compounding industry. Here are a few reasons why you would like to work for this company
1. Four weeks of vacation to start.
2. A 10% 401K match
3. A great health care plan with four options and low premiums for their employers. This is one of the best plans I have seen.
4. They have a brand-new state-o-the-art technology center with all new offices and furnishing.
5. A great culture where employees are appreciated and respected.
The Analytical Chemist ensures that all tests in the lab are performed in an effective and timely manner to support the existing business and the growth of our compounding business. He/she will provide relevant input to product and process developments, and support quality and regulatory activities. The incumbent will be knowledgeable in some of the following analytical techniques – Chromatography (HPLC, GC, GPC), Spectroscopy (FTIR, UV-Vis), Mechanical Testing (Rheology, Tensile, Vi-cat) and Thermal Analyses.
· Perform chemical and/or physical testing on primarily polymers including documentation and reporting for application and product development.
· Participate in routine control programs (round robins, collaborative testing, product characterization, etc.)
· Develop new or improve existing analytical and physical procedures focusing on polymer testing, (i.e. UV/Vis, FT-IR, tensile, HPLC, GPC, GC, tensile, rheology, Vicat etc.)
· Make recommendations regarding the capability of the equipment. Recommend new equipment or accessories as needed.
· Utilize statistical analysis techniques to further interpret the data obtained from these methods
· Perform routine maintenance on equipment.
· B.S or M.Sc. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Material Science, Materials Engineering or Plastics Engineering.
· At least 3 years of experience in Analytical Chemistry and Material Testing (esp. Polymers)
· Knowledge base in polymer chemistry, polymer material science, processing and characterization.
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
· Ability to work productively either alone or in a team environment
· Good software skills with Microsoft Office Suite, LIMS, ELN, and statistics software (ex: Minitab, JMP). SAP experience a plus.
· Quality and safety mindset
· Proficient in writing standard work instructions.
· Preferred experience in regulated environment and adhering to GLP and GDP.
· Highly preferred to have experience with test method validation and gage R&R studies.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com