Plastic Executive Recruiters
TECHNICAL DIRECTOR, COLOR MASTERBATCH
SALARY: 120,000 – $160,000
Our client is a leading manufacturer of color and additive masterbatches for the thermoplastics industry. They are renowned for developing new formulations and meeting customers unique requirements. They are currently seeking a Technical Director for their company. In this role you will be responsible for providing technical direction and guidance for the lab and manufacturing facilities. You will oversee the development of new colors, review materials for cost saving opportunities, driver innovation and manage the laboratory including equipment, personnel and resources. You will review projects and drive formulation of products and you will oversee the quality programs
- Drive innovation and new product development
- Review materials to source lower cost alternatives.
- Oversee all laboratory personnel via the lab manager.
- Manage equipment purchases for the color lab.
- Manage all laboratory resources and budgeting.
- Review all projects regarding proper formulation and pricing.
- Assist production with scale-up of formulations.
- Oversee quality systems for manufacturing working closely with the QA Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree, chemistry or chemical engineering, Master’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in masterbatch formulations.
- Five years of management experience.
- Creative problem solver that can identify new alternative materials and solutions to client needs.
- Ability to operate lab equipment including twin screw extruders, injection molders and two roll mills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Proficient with MS Suite programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org