|| We are retained in a confidential and nation-wide search for a hands-on operations executive with significant experience managing a multi-site plastics operation.
Our client is a leader in their market, both in size and technology. Their quality and product offering is outstanding, and their commitment to both has them growing by leaps and bounds.
We are looking for a team-builder and mentor, more in line with a servant leader for this role. The idea is to instill a culture of positivity and high performance across operations.
This company is well-funded and committed to both growth and excellence, and they are looking for the same in this key position!
Responsibilities for Vice President of Operations
- The Vice President of Operations will assume operational responsibility for operations, ensuring that safety, productivity, staffing, utilization, scrap (along with other key metrics) are all at appropriate levels in all facilities.
- The Vice President of Operations will be closely involved in all financials, owning overall operational P&L’s and will mentor the plant operations leaders on financial management in their respective operations.
- In conjunction with company executives and key managers, the Vice President of Operations will establish budgets and strategic plans to accomplish corporate objectives for growth and profitability.
- The Vice President of Operations will establish metrics for key areas of measurement and hold teams accountable to achieve or exceed these goals.
- Drive both safety and continuous improvement as a way of life in the operations, including constantly improving metrics in key areas.
- Manage the P&L, driving all operations to meet or exceed budgets and strategic plans.
|Qualifications for Vice President of Operations
- 4 year degree
- 10 years of experience as Director of Operations or Vice President of Operations in a high volume, multi-plant plastics manufacturing operation (injection molding, extrusion, films, blow molding, etc.)
- Extremely strong financial acumen, metric-driven personality and methodology, and must drive the business for continual improvement of key metrics.
- Strong financial knowledge with strong budgeting skills, Proven P&L experience, and strong Strategic Planning experience.
- Team-based, mentoring management style with the ability to influence the culture of operations in that direction.
- Willingness to travel as needed to support the operations.